Friday, November 13, 2009

Starting 'er up!

You know who should be able to dictate everything that we read? Some experts who are quite possibly boosting book sales. At least sales of their books.

I'm just kidding. Anyways, I tend to be a little obsessive over things. One thing that I am obsessed with is reading books. And wouldn't it just be great to be able to read that entire list? I'm not saying that this list is the end-all list of all and the only books that should ever be read, but as others have said, it is a good starting point.

And so this blog is my attempt to chronicle my way through the list. A more user-friendly copy of the list can be found here. Additionally these bloggers are distributing a spreadsheet that allows tracking of one's progress through the list. I found that the spreadsheet that I originally downloaded did not run very well on my computer and I ended up making my own simpler version.

I'm going to be working on getting a copy of this list up here, once I figure out how to work a blog, which will track my progress. As of today I have currently read around 137 books on the list.

And currently I'm reading The Club Dumas by Arturo Perez-Reverte.

No comments:

Post a Comment